Process control using industrial control systems, programmable logic controllers, visualisation of technological processes. Hierarchical control systems, industrial communications for factory and process automation. Open software technologies, safety and reliability of control applications.
1. Processes, technologies, control system structure.
2. Programmable logic controllers, principles of program execution.
3. IEC software model.
4. Methods of programming control systems.
5. Distributed control systems, fieldbuses.
6. The use of fieldbuses, communication models, real-time communication.
7. Interface between control systems and controlled technologies, industrial interfaces for connecting sensors and actuators.
8. Software interfaces to control systems, open technologies.
9. Operator interfaces and their ergonomy.
10. Realisation of visualisation applications.
11. Control of fast processes, application examples. Distributed synchronisation.
12. Process automation and application examples.
13. Safety and reliability.
14. Safety applications, risk assessment, corrective measures.
1. Programmable controllers, programming environment, course organisation.
2. Programming techniques, ladder diagrams, basic logic operations.
3. Software structures in programmable controllers, counters, timers.
4. Structured programming, functions and function blocks.
5. Ending up the assessed tasks.
6. Other languages from IEC 61131-3. Industrial communications, interfaces to the technology, communication between kontrol systems.
7. Assessment of the individual project.
8. - 10. Working on the project.
11. - 13. Visualisation environment, visualisation of the control system from the individual project.
14. Safety systems.