The course is devoted to classical and modern control design techniques for autopilots and flight control systems. Particular levels are discussed, starting with the dampers attitude angle stabilizers, to guidance and navigation systems. Next to the design itself, important aspects of aircraft modelling, both as a rigid body and considering flexibility of the structure, are discussed
1. Introduction. Motivation.
2. Modelling the aircraft dynamics.
3. Linearized equations of motion. Longitudinal and lateral dynamics.
4. Longitudinal motin:dampers, attitude hold autopilots.
5. Lateral motion:dampers, attitude hold autopilots.
6. Quadratic-optimal design of dampers.
7. Quadratic-optimal design and attitude hold autopilots.
8. Path following problems: horizontal plane.
9. Stabilization of vertical speed.
10. Final approach.
11. Automatic landing systems.
12. Mission planning
13. Automatic avoidance ad conflicts resolution.
14. Air traffic modelling and control.
Labs are devoted to two semestral projects - autopilot design and a satellite stabilzation hybrid control system design and simulation validation.