Advanced Materials Group was launched in January 2009 at the Department of Control Engineering and quickly became one of the most successful groups in the field of materials science at the faculty. We combine atomistic simulations with advanced deposition method to design and prepare novel functional low-dimensional materials, thin films and alloys.
The group has been successful in joining excellent research performance (more than 100 papers in impacted journals published in last 10 years; more than 1000 citations; 20 invited talks at major conferences) and financial support (projects from national /GACR, TACR, MPO, MSMT/ to EU /FP7, H2020/ level, in total more than €5m). The group has strong national and international collaboration with both academic and industrial partners. Furthermore, Advamat, s.r.o. was launched in 2014 as the university start-up company focused on surface engineering and materials science; the company has been successful to win FP7 and H2020 projects including prestigious H2020 FET Open.
Teaching is exclusively related to research activities of the group and consist of 2 PhD modules (Diagnostics of thin films and Computational methods for materials science) and support of Master theses.
We work together as a team; on the other hand, we support as well as challenge each other. For those who are interested in joining the group, we are looking for students and postdocs who are highly motivated, enjoy technical challenges, and have well defined career goals. For more information, please feel free to contact us (advamatfel [dot] cvut [dot] cz).
Scientific collaborations (only those with published papers)
- University of Coimbra, Portugal
- University of Southampton, UK
- University of Uppsala, Sweden
- University of Minho, Portugal
- University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique et des Microtechniques, France
- Haute Ecole ARC Berne-Jura-Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Universidad del Valle, Colombia
- Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Germany
- HVM Plasma, Ltd, Czech Republic
- Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Nucleares, México
- EPFL - Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
- University of Padua, Italy
- University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Italian Institute of Technology, Italy
- Academy of Science, Czech Republic
- T. Polcar, M. Evaristo, R. Colaço, C. Silviu Sandu, A. Cavaleiro, Nanoscale triboactivity: Response of Mo-Se-C coatings to sliding, Acta Materialia, 56(18), 5101-5111 (2008).
- T. Polcar, M. Evaristo, M. Stueber, A. Cavaleiro, Synthesis and structural properties of Mo–Se–C sputtered coatings, Surface and Coatings Technology, 202(11), 2418–2422 (2008).
- T. Polcar, M. Evaristo, A. Cavaleiro, Self-lubricating W-S-C nanocomposite coatings, Plasma Processes and Polymers, 6(6-7), 417-424 (2009).
- T. Polcar, M. Evaristo, M. Stueber, A. Cavaleiro, Mechanical and tribological properties of sputtered Mo-Se-C coatings, Wear, 266(3-4), 393-397 (2009).
- T. Polcar, M. Evaristo, A. Cavaleiro, Comparative study of the tribological behaviour of self-lubricating W-S-C and Mo-Se-C sputtered coatings, Wear, 266(3-4), 388-392 (2009).
- T. Polcar, A. Cavaleiro, Review on self-lubricant transition metal dichalcogenide nanocomposite coatings alloyed with carbon, Surface and Coatings Technology, 206(4), 686-695 (2011).
- T. Polcar, A. Cavaleiro, Self-adaptive low friction coatings based on transition metal dichalcogenides, Thin Solid Films, 519(12), 4037-4044 (2011).
- J. V. Pimentel, T. Polcar, A. Cavaleiro, Structural, mechanical and tribological properties of Mo–S–C solid lubricant coating, Surface and Coatings Technology, 205(10), 3274-3279 (2011).
- T. Polcar, D. Bharathi Mohan, C. Silviu Sandu, G. Radnoczi, A. Cavaleiro, Properties of nanocomposite film combining hard TiN matrix with embedded fullerene-like WS2 nanoclusters, Thin Solid Films, 519(10), 3191-3195 (2011).
- T. Polcar, R. Martinez, T. Vitu, L. Kopecky, R. Rodriguez, A. Cavaleiro, High temperature tribology of CrN and multilayered Cr/CrN coatings, Surface and Coatings Technology, 203(20-21), 3254-3259 (2009).
- T. Polcar, A. Cavaleiro, Structure, mechanical properties and tribology of W–N and W–O coatings, International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 28(1), 15-22 (2010).
- T. Polcar, T. Vitu, L. Cvrcek, J. Vyskocil, A. Cavaleiro, Effects of carbon content on the high temperature friction and wear of chromium carbonitride coatings, Tribology International, 43, 1228-1233 (2010).
- T. Polcar, A. Cavaleiro, Structure and tribological properties of AlCrTiN coatings at elevated temperature, Surface and Coatings Technology, 205(S2), S107-S110 (2011).
- T. Polcar, A. Cavaleiro, High temperature properties of CrAlN, CrAlSiN and AlCrSiN coatings - Structure and oxidation, Material Chemistry and Physics, 129(1-2), 195-201 (2011).
- T. Vitu,T. Polcar, L. Cvrcek, R. Novak, J. Macak, J. Vyskocil, A. Cavaleiro, Structure and tribology of biocompatible Ti-C:H coatings, Surface and Coatings Technology, 202(22-23), 5790-5793 (2008).
- T. Polcar, T. Vitu,L. Cvrcek, R. Novak, J. Vyskocil, A. Cavaleiro, Tribological behaviour of nanostructured Ti-C:H coatings for biomedical applications, Solid State Sciences, 11(10), 1757–1761 (2009).
- A. Escudeiro, T. Polcar, A. Cavaleiro, Tribological behaviour a-C and a-C:H films doped with Ti in biological solutions, Vacuum, 85(12), 1144-1148 (2011).
- Andrei Bondarev
- Antonio Cammarata, Ph.D.
- Benjamin Irving, Ph.D.
- Chigulla Sateesh Kumar
- Diego López Carballeira, Ph.D.
- Filipe Fernandes, Ph.D.
- Hüseyin Sener Sen, Ph.D.
- Ing. Martin Daněk, Ph.D.
- Ing. Tomáš Vítů, Ph.D.
- Ing. Victor Emile Phillippe Claerbout
- Kosta Simonovic, Ph.D.
- Mastere Jamil Missaoui
- Mengzhou Liao, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Štěpánka Hruzíková
- MSc. Alberto Fraile García, Ph.D.
- MSc. Florian Belviso
- Muhammad Farzik Ijaz
- Paolo Nicolini, Ph.D.